Shinobi of Lore
Society is on edge with the wrappings of peace slowly unraveling between the countires. Join a world of myth and legend. Join Shinobi of Lore.
Welcome to NW!

Welcome to Ninja Way! The site is currently open for roleplaying, though you can expect updates as the site progresses. Be sure to read over the systems and the rules to have a clear understanding of how things work here. Again, welcome to Ninja Way and if you have any question just ask a member of staff.

- NW Staff

I forgot my password

Site Links

If you're new to the site and feeling a little overwhelmed, feel free to browse the links below and get a feel for the site's rules and systems.

Latest topics
» Speed Guide
Mon May 22, 2017 8:42 pm by Webmaster

» Shinobi Generations
Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:01 am by Webmaster

» TEMPEST HARBOR[JCINK]
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:54 am by Guest

» Jeweled Seas!
Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:20 am by Guest

» A late-night drunk tavern thread
Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 am by Bastian

» Jutsu system (thoughts?)
Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:39 pm by Webmaster

» Daily Missions for All
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:14 am by Bastian

» Prelude to Whatever (Open Thread)
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:53 am by Bastian

» Hisashi (Update Sheet)
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:36 pm by Hisashi

Please Help Me Before I Throw A Toy At You And Have A Panic Attack

Go down

Please Help Me Before I Throw A Toy At You And Have A Panic Attack

Post by Bunny on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:23 pm

Era was a scaredy-cat, the red-haired child of only eight years was fully aware of this, her older brother using it against her just so he could see her cry - something about her looking ten times more adorable when she was in tears. So, it was absolutely no shock to her that she was on the brink of tears as she desperately searched the marketplace for any signs of her father or twin brother. A routine trip to the marketplace utterly ruined by the girl herself, her father having given her clear instructions to stay by his side whilst he checked out some produce upon putting her on the ground so that she could stand on her own two feet. It was a command she would’ve followed, usually did out of fear, but something had caught her eyes as she glanced around and she moved towards it without even noticing.

She hadn’t realized her mistake until she turned around, smile on her face, and pointed at a stuffed animal that she wanted, expecting for her father to be there. Except, well, he wasn’t and when she became aware of that, the smile dropped from her face and red eyes begun to dart around the area in a panic. Era was automatically seeking out anyone that fit the description of her father or brother, but with the streets crowded with people looking to get a bargain on the merchandise available, the girl was unable to locate them. They had been swallowed up by the crowd and so, naturally, tears began to well up in her eyes.

She sniffled and wiped them away as she stood on the left side of the street, the girl keeping an eye out for her family. She began to move when staying put wasn’t giving her any result, Era sobbing at this point as she moved down the street. Unable to locate them alone and out of options, Era tugged on the sleeve of a random stranger, her eyes glued to the ground so that she didn’t panic and throw something at her possible helper. In a shaky voice she would say:

“H-help me.”
Bunny

Back to top Go down

Re: Please Help Me Before I Throw A Toy At You And Have A Panic Attack

Post by Kaiya on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Lost
But Not
Forgotten

The Beginning: Meeting our friends

449/449/100

Kaiya was a girl of only five feet. She was ten, so not much older than that of the girl that was now standing to her left. Oddly, though, her gentle faded brown eyes looking through the blackness that was generally her optical area, her body would turn to the left as she felt the tug. Her medium length hair did well to cover most of her face from view. Added to that, the blue vest which covered the lower half of her face with a high collar, she was generally a nearly shady looking individual. However, she was but a gentle soul, well, generally gentle at least. After having seen the girl, Kaiya would simply stare at her, not really able to say much. Instead, her right hand would gently lift to the girl's face. As the heat of her palm would resonate with the girl's cheek after touching it, she would lower her body enough to try and get a view of the girl's face.

Kaiya would give nothing but the most gentle of auras. A kind herted girl of sorts. But alas not all would perceive her as such. Most would generally find distrust in the lack of eye contact. Though, a person born with deep eye sockets was often mistaken for shady. Alas, this was part of the woes she had to deal with. Inside of her however, was a leader ready to burst forth and take charge. As such, she would simply do so now, as best she could. With soft movements, Kaiya would attempt to explain her predicament. Kaiya's left hand would make a sock puppet like motion showing talking. Then, she would point to her eyes. If it made sense, the girl would hopefully understand that she needed to see the girl's lips, to see what she was saying. Alas, the life of Kaiya was filled with a tinge of sadness.

The sadness came from one simple defect she was born with. She was deaf. Nothing in all of creation could ever be heard by the ears that were upon the girl's body. A sad story, but true none the less. Instead, however, to compensate for that she was gifted with slightly better senses. As well, as the gift of second sight. Her eyes, along with that of her brother, Heizu, were linked together. So if all would work out, at least one of them could see the girl's lips move to understand what she was saying. If by chance, the small girl couldn't understand, Kaiya would point to her own ears and then shake her head as if to say no. Perhaps, that would be able to explain she was deaf.

Kaiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Heizu on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Heizu a young boy of such an era of ninjas and shinobi, of ten years old and yet the same size as his twin Kaiya. Speaking of whom had stopped near some girl crying out for help, naturally he was hesitant, with the both of them starting life as a type of outcast. Sure they were allowed into their family, but he knew what they said in the back lines. The very fact that their mother and father were gone solidified it too. They weren't wanted, if there was any way to keep the two of them from existing he was sure anyone could do anything to make that happen. He himself was ready if that were to come and kept caution. He kept close to his twin, holding her hand and keeping his bokken which was tied to his back, within his grasp whenever near new individuals.

If there was one thing he was cursed with that could very well have helped him calm down it was speech. Being a mute made it impossible to tell anyone anything, talking was impossible. Knowing his sibling was deaf this made things even harder to fill with information. Thankfully he was still able to see the same vision his sister did, if there ever was a sneak attack then it would never happen. He'd know to move in before a blink could. Still with that he felt a nudge from Kaiya's arm as if he needed to look to this person. He could easily hear them but his sister couldn't. As he went on to look at the girl he'd allow his sister to perform a lip reading as to what the girl was saying, rather than try to explain it with sign language which would just let other people know what they discussed he'd rather keep it a secret.

With that he went on a thought with his eyes depend under his hair, sunken in looking to his sibling. What were they supposed to do, this girl was about their age but trying to help find her family is risky to him. Sure he knew his sister had a good heart and he tried too but fear and anger are what drove his senses more than joy or compassion. However knowing his sister he'd need to do something, with that he took a moment before reaching out his hand as if offering to help.

WC:403
Heizu

Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunny on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:02 am

Though Kaiya had good intentions when she knelt down, bringing her face into the red-haired child’s view only proved to freak her out. Not because the girl not much older than herself was ugly or scary, but simply because Era hadn’t expected that and she was naturally afraid of strangers. To her credit, she didn’t make an attempt to cause a distraction and flee as quickly as possible, but that was because she was distracted by the show the older female was putting on with her hand. It confused the eight-year-old, her mind unable to put two and two together as quickly as she would’ve liked. Yet, she believed she understood what the girl was trying to communicate to her.

So, after whipping the tears from her face, Era raised her head. It was then that she would notice a boy that looked a lot like the girl. She assumed that the two were siblings or maybe even twins, though there was a small chance they could be cousins or friends that just really looked alike. She wasn’t sure, but she was going to go with siblings for now. Her eyes lingered on the boy for a couple seconds before snapping back to the girl just in time to see her point to her ears. She was deaf.

Era didn’t know why, but she felt like crying once again. Perhaps the thought of being incapable of communicating with the girl was the reason, but remembering the boy had prevented her from tearing up. He could probably talk, right? She hoped so because she definitely didn’t know how to sign, she had absolutely no reason to learn it. She didn’t shift her focus on the boy though. Instead, she would speak to the girl now. If the boy wish to, he could interject.

“I-I lost my papa.”

She twiddled her fingers. Despite doing her best to keep her eyes on Kaiya, Era glanced at the boy. She noted his hand was held out and the normal thing to do would be to take it, she knew this, but she didn’t make a move to shake it or hold it. No, she fidgeted instead, showing a clear sign of discomfort before red eyes were on Kaiya again. She was nervous now, really nervous, and it took all of her will power not to give into her flight response. They were trying to help her.

Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiya on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Lost
But Not
Forgotten

The Search: Father's be lame

354/803/200

Kaiya would watch the girl, it was obvious she was very scared. Perhaps even beyond most people? However it was true, she was only of the age of eight. So for that reason alone, it was normal to be scared. Indeed, a response that most eight year old children felt when they lost sight of their parent. With the words barely being readable by Kaiya's eyes, she would look to Heizu for a moment and nod. As she did so, Kaiya's eyes would dart around the area for the briefest of moments. She would then look into the eyes, the red gleaming eyes of the girl before her and make a motion. Her hands would point to stay where she was. As she did so, her body would walk forward a ways before looking across the faces and people. The girl was quite, agitated, by being separated from her Father. And so, they would need to find him. And with that, Kaiya would grasp onto the girl's hand firmly, but yet, not to hurt her. As she did so, Kaiya would look to Heizu for a moment before suddenly breaking a left and heading towards where the girl had come from.

Those dark brown eyes darted across the world looking from face to face. Finding this person would prove slightly difficult because she couldn't' communicate to the girl. But that was fine, the possibility that the girl would see her Father soon was higher if she took her on the trip to find him. As Kaiya would weave and move through the crowd, she'd make a motion to the girl, Esra, to look for her father as well. It was likely she wouldn't understand however. And that was a sad thing. As they searched, Hopefully Heizu would follow at least a little, so that Heizu could listen for Esra if she said anything. Finding her father was, top priority for Kaiya right now. but the question is, why? Why was Kaiya helping this girl? Well, could it be anything more than she just felt the want to assist? Why not, it could be worse.

Kaiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Heizu on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:59 pm

With the girl seeming to want her father this struck Heizu in a place he once knew. Neither he nor his sister had a father known to them, not even a mother. Their mother dying and their father killed, meant they lived most of their young lives alone. Even in the compound of homes with their blood relatives they were still outcasted. Not because of their capability, no they were trash. Tossed away and hoped for dead, and yet they had each other to rely on which is what kept them alive. Perhaps this girl only had her father to hope for and same vice versa. This assured him that he was going to be willing to help, even with his twin Kaiya offering assistance, reassuring their similar thoughts. However one thing struck him odd, this girl was hoping for him to respond. In someway he felt awful being unable to, at least with his sister he could be her hearing. He could look to the girl's face and his sister could read the emotions and lip talk.

He had no outlet to speak from, it was either his hands or his emotions. Otherwise he was doomed to stay silenced. Rather than confuse the girl with sign language he gave a soft smile, creepy as it may seem. He retracted his hands seeing that she was nervous and incapable of trusting for the moment. This somewhat reflected his emotions with Kaiya as he feared for her safety but seeing as the girl here was no trouble then there was no need to worry. Of course with two of them and only one of her he understood her fear and decided not to push too forward upon it. After looking to Kaiya, seeing as the girl was focused upon her rather than himself he watched her reaction. He then waved for the girl to follow Kaiya on her decision to find her father giving a nod as if to say they were going to find him. With that said he made sure to keep and eye on both the girls, whether Esra was to speak or Kaiya to change directions in the crowd. Luckily he knew they couldn't get lost as he could see where Kaiya went through her eyes.

Soon after pinching through the crowds and disgusting smelly adults they made it to a clearing where they could see just about everyone in the crowd. If the girl were to see her father, this place would be it. As he looked to Esra he thought of something. He gave a point out to the crowd and looked to her as if saying to her to point him out if possible. Being that it was a group of three, one of which was skilled in weapons and could use his wooden bokken to keep away strangers and stragglers, and the other more than willing to attack if anyone where to cross them wrong, meant they were much more protected in a group than alone trying to search. This wasn't some bad horror movie where everyone splits into groups to find something and end up dead, they were much smarter than that. Heizu then put his arm down once again conjoining his hand to Kaiya's to keep them together. For some odd reason he felt more vulnerable and defenseless unless he were to be beside his sister. It was like a child to a doll, requiring it during their fearful states or just for small talk to agree upon together.

WC: 588
Heizu

Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunny on Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:17 am

Instead of falling back on her original plan to sit and wait for her brother or father to find her, Era ended up following the siblings, though she hadn’t much of a choice with Kaiya having grasped her hand. Confusion had crossed her face, but she didn’t feel like she needed to cause a distraction and flee. Kaiya and Heizu hadn’t done anything that would cause her to fear them, they were actually very nice for helping her out, so she was only a little nervous around the two. Noticeably so? She didn’t know, yet she did know she was becoming a little more relaxed within the two presence.

She looked back to ensure they weren’t leaving the boy behind for reasons unbeknownst to her before she started the process of looking for her father. It was like a game of Waldo for Era at this point. She knew what he looked like, she just needed to find him in the crowd. As for Kaiya and Heizu, well she didn’t really know how they were doing since it had never occurred to her to give them a general description of her father and brother. Even a simple comment on their hair colour, which was green by the way, would’ve sufficed, but again, it really hadn’t entered her mind. It looked like there would be no need.

Without warning, she broke away from Kaiya and Heizu, the red-haired girl darting a good fifteen feet to the left into the warm embrace of a six foot man with green hair. Now, usually this would be part of the story where thanks were given and the trio carried about their day, but it wouldn’t go that way exactly. Era wanted to thank her saviors and it was noon, so lunch was in order. She pointed them out to her father and he walked towards them, accompanied by Kaiser.

Now, she herself wouldn’t invite them, she left that to her father, but she would wait eagerly to see if they declined or accepted their offer. It was a free lunch. As to what they would be eating, well, that would be decided later.

Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiya on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:40 am

Lost
But Not
Forgotten

Lunch: Seems tasty!

269/1,072/200

Kaiya would watch the girl speed off to a large green haired man. It seemed this was the person they were looking for. Good to know. Green hair was a trait that few, few, people had. That would have been, fantastic information, to know at the start. As time progressed a little it seemed that the two children would be invited to a lunch. Well, this was somewhat awkward for Heizu no doubt. But Kaiya, would enjoy the social activity to try and get to know the family of this young girl.

Yes, this girl. She was quite the, perhaps easily enticed type? But still, it seemed, from the brief encounter they had, that she held a firm heart that could be, of great, use in the future. It was this thought that sent smiles through her lips and a gentle kind demeanor through her actions. The girl, Kaiya, would bow for perhaps an instant so as to show respect. This was very quick as well, for the simple fact that she needed to maintain eye contact with the man's lips. As she watched his lips move and twist to conform words, Kaiya would nod in acceptance of the food.

Kaiya knew Heizu would be a bit cautious, but her hand would clench tightly upon Heizu's to let him know it would be alright. There was no need to truly be on edge here. Not yet, at least. It was a true fact that many things could harm them. At this point in time however, it would be a waste of energy to be suspicious of every minute detail.

Kaiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Heizu on Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:36 pm

He followed on with them staying close to his sister as he looked to see the girl seeming to try to find her father, when he noticed her running off to a green haired man. This must be him then, with that he was satisfied with the progress made that day and then looked to Kaiya who was debating to follow them upon the lunch idea which hadn't been spoken of but rather as an offering within the calm silence. He wasn't very excited about the idea himself however seeing as the two were peaceful enough as it would seem he shrugged a sigh and then gave a nod. He wasn't about to bow for anyone, respectful or not he never showed his back to a stranger that was just how he saw the world.

With Kaiya clenching his hand he was a bit calmer at the very least, however even if she may show kindness to them and he would agree, his caution was absolute and he wasn't about to take a risk of any sort for the sake of what he had. Rather instead of enjoying the time spent for their lunch he'd still be on edge, still watching out for anything. Sure it was a waste of energy and time but he was just a kid, no one could blame him if they knew what he and his sister had gone through. It was even shocking to him to see his sister being much more open to the public, where as he was reclusive like a spider. There to aid, but if you dare to mess with the nest attacks would be inflicted, whether you were innocent or guilty. Still he followed on with them, wondering where they were to eat with his stomach growling sounds much louder than he'd ever be.

WC: 305

((Sorry for late reply, the holidays trashed me real good XD))
Heizu

Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down