Shinobi of Lore
Society is on edge with the wrappings of peace slowly unraveling between the countires. Join a world of myth and legend. Join Shinobi of Lore.
Welcome to NW!

Welcome to Ninja Way! The site is currently open for roleplaying, though you can expect updates as the site progresses. Be sure to read over the systems and the rules to have a clear understanding of how things work here. Again, welcome to Ninja Way and if you have any question just ask a member of staff.

- NW Staff

I forgot my password

Site Links

If you're new to the site and feeling a little overwhelmed, feel free to browse the links below and get a feel for the site's rules and systems.

Latest topics
» Speed Guide
Mon May 22, 2017 8:42 pm by Webmaster

» Shinobi Generations
Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:01 am by Webmaster

» TEMPEST HARBOR[JCINK]
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:54 am by Guest

» Jeweled Seas!
Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:20 am by Guest

» A late-night drunk tavern thread
Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 am by Bastian

» Jutsu system (thoughts?)
Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:39 pm by Webmaster

» Daily Missions for All
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:14 am by Bastian

» Prelude to Whatever (Open Thread)
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:53 am by Bastian

» Hisashi (Update Sheet)
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:36 pm by Hisashi

Byakugan (Hyuuga KKG)

Go down

Byakugan (Hyuuga KKG)

Post by Roku on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:07 pm

NOTE:  This is not a description of the Gentle Fist fighting style.  That will have to be registered somewhere else, as it is essentially a separate, albeit related, KKG.

Kekkai Genkai/Bloodline Name: Byakugan

Kekkai Genkai/Bloodline Description:

Those with the Byakugan typically have a very light shade of silvery grey dominating their eyes without the Byakugan actually activated.  The different parts of the eye, like the iris and pupil, are grey with no distinction between them.  Only the whites of the eye are distinguishable.  When it is activated. however, the veins in the temples bulge due to the excess chakra flowing through them and the eye becomes sharper, not changing in shade but a (albeit, small) pupil appears in the center as well as lines to distinguish the different parts of the eye.

Kekkai Genkai/Bloodline Ability:

The Byakugan is a Doujutsu; that is, a Kekkei Genkai whose ability is centered in one's visual prowess.  The Byakugan, as it matures, gains the ability to see, in perfect detail, at great distances as if zoomed in, through objects, and in every possible direction at once.  This will be referred to here on as enhanced sight.  The user CAN see past the distance that they can see in detail; but at a certain distance, they can only see like the naked eye.  Not zoomed in, not through objects, not in every direction.  (We will not be including the miniscule blindspot here, unless required by staff, because it ALWAYS leads to metagaming; people ALWAYS pretend their charas know about it and have the ability to perfectly hit it.)  The Byakugan can also see chakra in an extremely detailed diagram on the body, as well as all the Tenketsu, chakra points.  This also gives them the ability to see disruptions in chakra flow caused by Genjutsu.  It is also inadvertently impossible for a non-Byakugan user to trap a Byakugan user in a visual Genjutsu because the caster would have to know what it is like to see through the Byakugan and then be able to perfectly mimic it.  There are different stages of Bykaugan mastery:

Natural:
This is the Byakugan that all those who have the bloodline are born with.  It encompasses the following abilities:
-Enhanced sight up to 500 meters away
-Notice up to D-Rank Genjutsu
-See Chakra up to 100 meters away
-See all Tenketsu up to 10 meters away
-C-Rank activation, D-Rank upkeep

Developed:
This is the Byakugan achieved by 1000 words of training it.  This training should include straining the eyes and pressing them past their limits somehow.
-Enhanced sight up to 2000 meters away
-Notice up to B-Rank Genjutsu.  If one has adept or higher in Genjutsu, notices up to A-Rank
-See chakra up to 400 meters away
-See all Tenketsu up to 40 meters away
-D-Rank activation, D-Rank upkeep

Mastered:
This Byakugan is achieved by 2000 words of training it.  This training should include straining the eyes and pressing them past their limits somehow.
-Enhanced sight up to 8000 meters away
-Notice up to A-Rank Genjutsu.  If one has adept or higher in Genjutsu, notices up to S-Rank
-See chakra up to 1600 meters away
-See all Tenketsu up to 160 meters away
-No Chakra consumption

Roku

Back to top Go down

Re: Byakugan (Hyuuga KKG)

Post by Bastian on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Sup, I'm Bast and I will be checking your application first. Before I begin I wont you to understand that in order to maintain a structured environment, we have to ensure that everything remains with reasonable parameters. As such, we don't follow the typical ranges and rules set by the manga/anime. To keep things fair for everyone, we try to keep things manageable and reasonable for all. This grading is not a final verdict, its a means for us to make this application usable for any others that may decide to come after you and use this bloodline. If you have a valid argument to a judging then we will allow you to make your point. Lets try to get this done.

First....

Because we know the Gentle Fist goes hand in hand with this particular ability, I would ask that you include this in the bloodlines ability area. Yes its more work, but I rather this be done correctly and a little timely than rushed and wrong.

The Byakugan is a Doujutsu; that is, a Kekkei Genkai whose ability is centered in one's visual prowess. The Byakugan, as it matures, gains the ability to see, in perfect detail, at great distances as if zoomed in, through objects, and in every possible direction at once. This will be referred to here on as enhanced sight. The user CAN see past the distance that they can see in detail; but at a certain distance, they can only see like the naked eye. Not zoomed in, not through objects, not in every direction. (We will not be including the miniscule blindspot here, unless required by staff, because it ALWAYS leads to metagaming; people ALWAYS pretend their charas know about it and have the ability to perfectly hit it.) The Byakugan can also see chakra in an extremely detailed diagram on the body, as well as all the Tenketsu, chakra points. This also gives them the ability to see disruptions in chakra flow caused by Genjutsu. It is also inadvertently impossible for a non-Byakugan user to trap a Byakugan user in a visual Genjutsu because the caster would have to know what it is like to see through the Byakugan and then be able to perfectly mimic it.
~ I see a lot of benefits here and not a single mention of a flaw. This needs to be resolved. The bloodline has natural flaws already made, so I would suggest those. But if you want to invent your own, be sure they balance out the pluses your receiving. Please trust in the fact that if meta-gaming is discovered (and proved) the violators will be dealt with. We try to enforce out rules here, and as the owner I think thats all the admin requirement you will need lol

Natural:
This is the Byakugan that all those who have the bloodline are born with. It encompasses the following abilities:
-Enhanced sight up to 500 meters away
~40 meters as a start. 500 seems a bit much for someone just learning to utilize their byakugan. (And if this range is to be increased it can be done so through training with a WC. I wiill let you decide on that # or N.A.P.S. cost. The limit is 100 meters as well. And try to spread out the amount received per increase. Make this easy on both of us. I would suggest 20 meters gained per wc trained or naps purchase)
-Notice up to D-Rank Genjutsu
~(This can be C if you want otherwise its fine)
-See Chakra up to 100 meters away
~(The range of this will be limited to the range of your eyes can actually see)
-See all Tenketsu up to 10 meters away
~This range needs to be increase to match the starting range. Its up to you if you wish to leave it 10 meters, but you can have the starting range match the byakugan visual range.)

This is the Byakugan achieved by 1000 words of training it. This training should include straining the eyes and pressing them past their limits somehow.
-Enhanced sight up to 2000 meters away
~(The most I will allow as a starting for this is 100 meters, pick with a reasonable training wc or N.A.P.S. purchase to increase the range. I will only allow a this range to max out at 200 meters (however if you previously trained the range for the Natural Byakugan you can stack them). This will max out your range to 260, which would only be possible if you maxed out your training at nutral by 60 meters. Other than that, 2000 meters isn't gonna work.)
-Notice up to B-Rank Genjutsu. If one has adept or higher in Genjutsu, notices up to A-Rank
-See chakra up to 400 meters away
~( Same as it was with the Natural eye, the range is increased based on the bayukgan's visual distance. The farthest this will be allowed to see chakra is within said range. 400 meters denied)
-See all Tenketsu up to 40 meters away
~(This can be increased to match range of the byakugan's visual prowess. I would suggest increasing this)
~(This stays as C-rank activation)
I will need this to be rank locked. Meaning that you must be a certain ranked shinobi in order to have access to this tier. I wont allow anything C-rank or lower.

Mastered:
This Byakugan is achieved by 2000 words of training it. This training should include straining the eyes and pressing them past their limits somehow.
-Enhanced sight up to 8000 meters away
~This will be allowed to start at 300 meters (and can max out at 500 meters. If you trained your previous Natural (60 meters) and Developed (100) these numbers can stack onto the 500 meters to grant 660. Other than that 8000 meters is denied)
-Notice up to A-Rank Genjutsu. If one has adept or higher in Genjutsu, notices up to S-Rank
-See chakra up to 1600 meters away
~(Same as with the previous two tiers. This is limited by the range of the byakugan range of vision.)
-See all Tenketsu up to 160 meters away
~(Same with the previous two tiers. This is limited by the range of the byakugan range of vision.)
-No Chakra consumption
~(Denied, all sustained abilities must have a cost. I would suggest a D-Rank activation, D-rank sustained.
I will need this to be rank locked. Meaning that you must be a certain ranked shinobi in order to have access to this tier. I wont allow anything B-rank or lower.

This is concludes my grading. Please post either a response or bump so that we may continue from here.
Bastian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roku on Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:50 am

Thanks for the clear grading, it will make this process much easier. My issues are mostly due to my perfectionism, so… leggo.

For the Gentle Fist: The Gentle Fist has less to do with the Byakugan than people think. The Byakugan only allows members to see the Tenketsu, but if you remember, hitting the Tenketsu isn’t actually necessary for doing extreme damage. Even a glancing blow could totally mess up an entire muscle area. It is actually more closely linked to a KKG the Hyuuga have (which is never named) that allows them to expel chakra with perfect control from any (or all) tenketsu. I could make this KKG too if you like, but could I do that with a separate template beneath the Byakugan one?

As for the rest: The ranges are my only problem. Could we do something like… 100 meters to start with (bit longer than the average football field)? Even the weakest of Byakugan (and I did notice your statement about weakening the Byakugan’s ranges, I promise Razz) would laugh at 40 meters. And 150 cap? As far as the second one, can we find something more middle of the road between master and natural? It just seems like a small boost. And then the thing about training the Byakugan X amount at certain levels allowing you to stack range boosts that you wouldn’t be able to get later… that doesn’t seem all that fair. I mean, if they do the work, they do the work, right? It shouldn’t matter when imo. Or we could even take a totally different approach and make them train for ALL boosts in range… and as the Byakugan hits a certain range, it will progress from Natural, Intermediate, and Master and gain the respective benefits. Actually I feel like that is the most “realistic” way to do it now that I think about it.

And for risks or drawbacks… what would you suggest? Im not opposed to having drawbacks, as long as I can avoid anything crippling.

Roku

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastian on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:08 pm

For the Gentle Fist: The Gentle Fist has less to do with the Byakugan than people think. The Byakugan only allows members to see the Tenketsu, but if you remember, hitting the Tenketsu isn’t actually necessary for doing extreme damage. Even a glancing blow could totally mess up an entire muscle area. It is actually more closely linked to a KKG the Hyuuga have (which is never named) that allows them to expel chakra with perfect control from any (or all) tenketsu. I could make this KKG too if you like, but could I do that with a separate template beneath the Byakugan one?
My thing is this, despite all that explanation, the two still go hand in hand and thus I need that to be expressed here. No need to make a separate template, simply add it to this application in full detail. It's not just for you, not saying this is your intent so dont take offense, its for everyone that comes after you. You are making a canon bloodline, thus it will be used a lot more than say a non-canon one based mostly on popularity from the show. I do not want to steer away from that. Yes I will allow your own twists to it, but the bloodline still needs to remain intact. Long story short, put the Gentle Fist info in there. I request this as a Head Admin/Owner. Doesn't get much higher than that.

As for the rest: The ranges are my only problem. Could we do something like… 100 meters to start with (bit longer than the average football field)? Even the weakest of Byakugan (and I did notice your statement about weakening the Byakugan’s ranges, I promise Razz) would laugh at 40 meters. And 150 cap? As far as the second one, can we find something more middle of the road between master and natural? It just seems like a small boost. And then the thing about training the Byakugan X amount at certain levels allowing you to stack range boosts that you wouldn’t be able to get later… that doesn’t seem all that fair. I mean, if they do the work, they do the work, right? It shouldn’t matter when imo. Or we could even take a totally different approach and make them train for ALL boosts in range… and as the Byakugan hits a certain range, it will progress from Natural, Intermediate, and Master and gain the respective benefits. Actually I feel like that is the most “realistic” way to do it now that I think about it.
Realistic is fine, sometimes, but on a site where we have ranges and scale limitations, I cannot allow bloodline to exceed. Despite the norm, this is maintain a degree of fairness for all (the user and the victim). Limits are set in place to ensure that we dont get the constant site killing OP characters. If you have a reasonable suggestion then I am all ears, my numbers were just examples you can use. And the only reason I give is because I dont like saying no without either a reason or a method to make it more approveable. So the ball is in your court on this one. But Even at a mastered level do not expect me to allow anything beyond 1000 meters (and even this must have restrictions, like not being able to view the max distance while in combat or something). I'll let you decide that detail. And please, do not skimp on them. Details matter here.

And for risks or drawbacks… what would you suggest? Im not opposed to having drawbacks, as long as I can avoid anything crippling.
This one isn't on me to figure out. Considering this a canon bloodline thing, weaknesses are already made which should make this part rather simple. So I dont believe thinking of any should be difficult if you go with whats already there. The issue is what you posted suggests that they don't exist or can be insinuated as such. That cannot be allowed, all details have to be clear to remove the need of answering a millions questions about said missing details. So You can come up with some, and dont try to go easy on yourself with some lame ones, or you can use the ones that are already in place for the bloodline. Either is fine, just expect custom weakness to be under a bit more scrutiny.
Bastian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down