Shinobi of Lore
Society is on edge with the wrappings of peace slowly unraveling between the countires. Join a world of myth and legend. Join Shinobi of Lore.
Welcome to NW!

Welcome to Ninja Way! The site is currently open for roleplaying, though you can expect updates as the site progresses. Be sure to read over the systems and the rules to have a clear understanding of how things work here. Again, welcome to Ninja Way and if you have any question just ask a member of staff.

- NW Staff

I forgot my password

Site Links

If you're new to the site and feeling a little overwhelmed, feel free to browse the links below and get a feel for the site's rules and systems.

Latest topics
» Speed Guide
Mon May 22, 2017 8:42 pm by Webmaster

» Shinobi Generations
Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:01 am by Webmaster

» TEMPEST HARBOR[JCINK]
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:54 am by Guest

» Jeweled Seas!
Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:20 am by Guest

» A late-night drunk tavern thread
Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 am by Bastian

» Jutsu system (thoughts?)
Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:39 pm by Webmaster

» Daily Missions for All
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:14 am by Bastian

» Prelude to Whatever (Open Thread)
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:53 am by Bastian

» Hisashi (Update Sheet)
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:36 pm by Hisashi

Hyuuga Bloodline

Go down

Hyuuga Bloodline

Post by Bastian on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:12 pm

Kekkai Genkai/Bloodline Name: Hyuuga Bloodline
Location/Origin: Land of Fire

Kekkai Genkai/Bloodline Description: .
All members possess the Byakugan, This dōjutsu usually is manifested as very distinctive eyes, characterised by their enlarged and featureless white irides (though the anime tends to portray them as a light shade of lavender) with no visible pupils. While active, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. Unlike other dōjutsu, the Byakugan is normally available to its users from their birth. On rarer occasions, the dōjutsu can be awakened, though isn't a requirement and is mostly for a bit more spice on the character in regards to character development.

Kekkai Genkai/Bloodline Ability
The Hyūga are renowned for possessing the highly coveted Byakugan, a kekkei genkai feared for the great visual prowess that it grants its wielder. The first ability of the Byakugan gives the user a near 360º field of vision, except for one blind spot at the back of the neck above the third thoracic vertebra. The second ability is being able to see through solid objects, and can use a degree of telescopic sight. The distance and the degree of telescopic sight varies from person to person, and can be improved. At its peak the eyes are capable of seeing over 1km away from their immediate position. This is, however, only when their focused on doing the task. In order to determine your characters maximum range buy rolling the Hyuga Range Chance dice. Click HERE to determine the amount. The numbers ranges from 1-10, and whatever number you receive you multiply that by 100 and that is your characters Byakugan's range in meters. There are no re-rolls.

Another ability possessed by members of this clan grants them the innate ability to expel chakra from every tenketsu in their body, allowing them to fully utilise chakra with attacks such as the Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven. This particular ability when used in conjunction with the Gentle fist style, a style which uses the Byakugan to view the opponent's Chakra Pathway System and deal precise blows to disable and impede the flow of chakra), allow for devastating results when in combat. For every hit they land, the target has 1 chakra point blocked, which is similar to losing chakra except if one has the means to un-block the points then the chakra is returned.

The Gentle Fist (柔拳, Jūken) is a form of hand-to-hand combat used by members of the Hyūga clan. It inflicts internal damage through attacking the body's Chakra Pathway System, subsequently injuring organs which are closely intertwined with the area of the network which has been struck. To do this, the user surgically injects a certain amount of their own chakra into the opponent's chakra pathway system, causing damage to surrounding organs due to their proximity to the chakra circulatory system. Even the slightest tap can cause severe internal damage, hence the name "gentle" fist.

Last edited by Bastian on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Bastian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Hyuuga Bloodline

Post by Naomi on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:19 pm

1 - KEKKEI GENKAI;

"Due to their focus on taijutsu as a mean to better utilize their Byakugan to its fullest, those that are apart of this bloodline gain one CS in taijutsu free"

While it is understandable that the Hyuuga are much better than their fellow shinobi in terms of taijutsu - they should not receive an extra combat style point in Taijutsu; lest you make it so that they lose one point in another TYPICAL FIELD [such as ninjutsu for example, and not... fuuinjutsu]. This is largely due to the bonus CS points one gains by ommiting starting with an element or a kekkei genkai at a higher rank; with this, they more-or-less nullify that completely. For example: Chuunin with no element or kekkei genkai: 6 points. Chuunin Hyuuga (-1 for kekkei genkai), +1 for their taijutsu specialization, +1 if they omit starting element: 6 points. Hence why I ask that you either remove it, or add a weakness so that they don't have that high an advantage against non-kekkei genkai folk.

Hyuuga in actuality do not remove chakra from another - rather they would seal the pathway thus removing that bit of chakra from the network. Thus I propose that rather than the target losing x amount of points per strike - they should instead have it put away until they can re-establish their chakra network. As I am unsure about the total chakra capacity per person, I can not claim whether 1 point is too little or not; though I trust that you had taken that into consideration and will tune it appropriately if any issues arise in the future.
Naomi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastian on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:52 am

Wasn't sold on the CS, just figured it made since all their jutsu and techniques revolve around that area.

Edited the chakra lose to blocked. They will be similar in chakra points reduction except blocked can be unblocked and thus chakra returned.
Bastian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:59 am

I give my approval.
Naomi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content